Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gluten free Grillen Chicken Breast Recipe

Aloha ~

I hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Day holiday!

I know food is such an important issue everyday when you're gluten intolerant, but food on a holiday is a huge issue, especially when you're out at someone else's house and they're not celiac. We actually had a fantastic meal and I'd like to share it with you so you can see how easy eating gluten free really can be.

BBQ RIBS!
We started out with two slabs of ribs
I placed them in a shallow pan with 1/4 cup of water
I covered them with aluminum foil and baked them in the oven for an hour @ 350 degrees.
I then rubbed the slabs with a gluten free pork rub. (I used El's Kitchens as we are going to be carrying this line soon!)
I placed them on the grill on low for 10 minutes on each side, then basted them with Hot Rod Bob's Gluten Free BBQ sauce - DELICIOUS sauce with a lot of flavor!

I then made a Gluten free coleslaw:

1/2 head cabbage (6-8 cups shredded)
1/4 cup grated carrots
2 Tbsp finely diced onions
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil

Instructions
Mix cabbage, carrots, onions, sugar and salt; set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and oil. Toss with cabbage mixture.
Chill at least 1 hour before serving.

To top off the meal, I made a loaf of Gluten free GARLIC bread made with our Gluten Free Naturals Multi-Purpose Bread Mix - I added some butter, salt and garlic powder on top then broiled the bread slices until golden. Great way to add garlic bread to your meal!


Of course, our meal wouldn't have been complete without a Vanilla Cake made with our Gluten Free Naturals Yellow cake mix topped with our Cherrybrook Kitchen Vanilla frosting!

Ahhh what a way to spend the holiday afternoon! Please contact us at Theceliacshack@yahoo.com if you have any comments or questions on any of our recipes.

Until next time, we hope you have a happy gluten free day!

No comments: