Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gluten Free products that rock!


Gluten Free Items I've found outside of the "Gluten Free Sections"

I'm always looking for items in the grocery store that used to be on my shopping list that I can use now.  I was VERY pleased to discover that two of my favorite staples are GLUTEN FREE!  This is a feeling that only a person with a gluten issue can possible understand.  I used to go buy whatever I wanted without one thought of what the ingredients were in my favorite products.  I just liked them, and that was all I needed to know.  Now however, I am constantly scanning labels (which I've gotten pretty good and fast at doing, I must say) and when I scan over my old favorites and find that they're safe....pure heaven! 

Okay, ready for two of the items that I've found?  Here they are:

Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix
Fabulous product indeed!  Love it as a salad dressing, but also use it in many of my recipes to add flavor. I like to add it to green beans, veggies, meat loaf, hamburgers, dips, chicken, and the list goes on.  I called Kraft when I first looked at the label, as it has undefined spices listed on the label, and they assured me that it's gluten free.   Clearly a win for Susan on this product!

Alouette Soft Spreadable Cheese
My mouth waters every time I think of my Garlic & Herb cheese spread with my favorite gluten free crackers. YUM!  I used to buy this product pre-gluten free, and I can still buy it now.  It's usually on sale at Kroger, and when it is, I stock up.  I also use this product on a variety of dishes since I know it's safe and delicious.  I use it as a dip for my crackers, veggies, in place of mayo on sandwiches, on chicken, on pasta, etc...

I'll continue to share my "normal" foods that I find to be gluten free.  I find new ones everyday and love sharing my information with all of you.  If you have any questions, please drop me a line and I'll be happy to help you if I can. 

From my home to yours, I wish you the best gluten free day ever!

Susan :)
The Celiac Shack ~ Making gluten free fun one day at a time!

No comments: