Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fun things to do with your celiac kids!

Hey everyone!

If you're like me, I am always looking for fun activities to do with my children. My kids LOVE Playdough, but as you know, it contains gluten, so I am posting a great recipe for GLUTEN FREE PLAYDOUGH that is easy to make, and you should have all the ingredients right in your kitchen.
My kids spent all day yesterday playing with it, and they made all different colors. GREAT summer activity for rainy days, or out on the picnic table for easy clean up!

GLUTEN FREE Cornstarch Playdough

1 cup baking soda
1 cup water
1cup cornstarch

Mix baking soda, water and cornstarch in a saucepan over low heat and stir until mixture becomes very thick. Add liquid watercolor or food coloring. Remove from heat, knead until smooth. Store in Ziploc Bag in refrigerator for up to a month.

If you have any great gluten free summer activities, send them to me at Theceliacshack@yahoo.com or comment on our blog. You should also sign up for our newsletter, The Pipeline to receive discounts on our products and to get other great recipes, ideas and links! Really looking forward to hear from you.

As always, The Celiac Shack ~ Making gluten free fun one day at a time!

www.theceliacshack.net
theceliacshack@yahoo.com

No comments: