Friday, September 25, 2009

School Lunch Menus Are Horrible


If you have school children, I'm sure that you also are shocked at the options they have for their lunches at the cafeteria. With the obesity rates they way they are with Americas youth, how can they offer these meals with a clear conscious? It is not that hard or expensive to make healthy choices available to all school aged children. You and I do it every day when we fill their lunch boxes. I am making this my new crusade. I am also trying to get them to make gluten-free choices available to those with these need. So far I have met resistance on both fronts. If any one has any good ideas on how to approach this, I am all ears. Until then will march back up the hill and try to conquer these issues. I will keep you posted!


Regards,

Susan Jones


No comments: