Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kids Corner


Easy Gluten Free Kid's Dinner



I was in a pinch for a quick and easy dinner the other night, and I came up with a casserole that knocked my kids' socks off! It was easy, pretty nutritious, and my kids actually asked for it again! Not too bad for a casserole!! ha-ha


Here is my concoction:

Gluten Free Hot Dog/Mac & Cheese Casserole


1 pack of Jennie O Turkey Hot Dogs
1 box of Gluten free noodles
2 packs of gluten free cheese sauce (I used our Full Flavor Foods Cheese Sauce)
2 cups Gluten free crackers crushed
1/2 stick melted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil (optional if you use the spinach)
1 package of frozen spinach (optional)


Boil the hotdogs just until warm - slice or chop into bite sized pieces.
Cook the gluten free pasta according to the package
Cook the cheese sauce according to the directions.
In the meantime, I pureed the spinach in the food processor or blender with the olive oil.
Grease an 11x13 casserole dish
Place the pasta in the dish
Layer the hotdogs on top of the pasta
Mix the spinach into the cheese sauce
Pour the cheese/spinach mixture over the pasta and hotdogs


Mix the melted butter with the gluten free crackers and spread evenly on top of the whole mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and the crackers begin to slightly brown.
Enjoy!


I'm all about easy recipes, and this is a really good one when you're short on time and want to get a home cooked meal into your kids!



Regards,
Susan
The Celiac Shack
Making gluten free fun one day at a time!

No comments: