Thursday, January 14, 2010

Shack Attack



A Change is Gonna' Come

I was blogging yesterday and it took everything I had to do so. I'm not sure if it's the Michigan Winter weather or just a lack of motivation. I have been blogging on almost a daily basis since May of 2009 and I just came to a realization...I'm full of crap. Though some of my blogs have been thoughtful executed, I have been doing nothing more than echoing what the gluten-free community already knows or spits out on a rigorous daily pace. The information being churned out is mostly carbon copies of blogs past. This is obviously done to stay fresh in everyone's heart and minds and to keep their name churning in the machine of all the large search engines. My information included.

Today I put my foot down and say no more! I want people to stay in touch and visit our website, but at what cost? Does anyone really need another brownie recipe or a shout out about the horrors of gluten? I think not and I'm going to do something about it. My son and I are gluten intolerant but still have yet to make the transition to a lifestyle totally void of it. Why have we not done so as of yet? The two biggest reasons are money and laziness. I am a mother of 4 and sometimes take the easy route for dinner. Though we have seen an improvement in our health, it's time to kick into overdrive.

Starting in February (or close to it) lol, I intend to blog about my families descent into the gluten free jungle. It's going to take my husband and other three children that long to eat the remaining gluten in our home and for me to do a restock of the kitchen.

I hope you will continue to follow us as we make this transition. I want as much 1st hand knowledge as possible so that I may serve my customers with honesty and integrity. So please stay tuned and you will see a marginal cooker reveal her gluten free adventures. I hope you will enjoy our new format and honesty. It's not going to be easy folks!

If you would like to submit a sample or product to our cause, please e-mail me at theceliacshack@yahoo.com. We will work it into our diet, blog about it, and possibly add it to our inventory at http://www.theceliacshack.net/ if the Jones Gang gives it the big thumbs up.

Thank You,

Susan Jones
The Celiac Shack
"Making gluten-free fun one day at a time!"

No comments: