Monday, December 21, 2009

Health & Wellness



The Gluten Free Vegetarian

I have been speaking with quite a few people lately who are vegetarians, and they've asked me how to go gluten free while following  a vegetarian diet.  For a vegetarian who has already eliminated meat, poultry, fish, seafood and possibly eggs and/or dairy products, further limitations may be particularly unwelcome.  As with any lifestyle diet, there are challenges, but with proper planning and education, a completely gluten free vegetarian diet is absolutely possible and a very healthy way to live and eat. 

I followed a vegetarian diet for many years for personal reasons, and after I get my chops on the entire gluten free diet, I may try to go vegetarian again.  That may be too much for my family to handle all at once, so we're taking baby steps! haha

Below is an article that I found, read and find very informative.  It is from www.Celiac.org and it was written by Carol Rees Parrish, R.D., M.S., Series Editor.  Please read it over for some great information if you're interested in becoming a gluten free veggie!


Regards,
The Celiac Shack
Making gluten free fun one day at a time!

No comments: