Friday, December 18, 2009

Travel & Leisure



Starbucks has Gluten Free Items

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am a full coffee addict!  I can't live without it, and I don't understand people that do. I Like the smell, the taste, the feeling it gives me, and there is nothing better than walking into a coffee house and getting your hot cup of joe and a delicious treat to enjoy with it.  Only problem is, until recently, every time I walked into Starbucks, I only could get my hot cup of coffee.  Sad that I couldn't pick one of the treats from that forbidden case that I always drooled over.  Now I CAN!  Starbucks has an Orange Valencia Cake that is gluten free.  They also offer a gluten-free Amaretti Cookie that you can purchase. I know that there is a Starbucks in every town and city...probably on every corner, so it's nice to know you can pop in, sip your hot cup of goodness and get a gluten free snack on the side. 
Check out the link below, which is the Starbucks blog link to answer any questions you may have:


Go out and get some caffeine!!

Regards,
Making gluten free fun one day at a time!

3 comments:

Brook said...

I am addicted to coffee also. Thanks for the tip. I'm a newbie to living a gluten free life and have fallen off big time. I am doing my best to learn what to eliminate from my life while enjoying the things I love most.

Brooks
Twitter: @inherheels

Brooks J. Young said...

I am addicted to coffee also. Thanks for the tip. I'm a newbie to living a gluten free life and have fallen off big time. I am doing my best to learn what to eliminate from my life while enjoying the things I love most.

Brooks
Twitter: @inherheels

Anonymous said...

Are you sure they can completely call it Gluten Free? I had a message in to them about this, due to the fact that they make other bakery items in the same facility. Flour is in the air, so are these items made with different pans and in a closed off environment? Cross contamination of Glutens can hurt you just as bad.