Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kids Corner



Gluten-Free Kid

I recently stumbled across an awesome blog page written by a 12 year old girl named Alex. If you have any children in your home that have gluten issues, I strongly urge you to allow them access to this page. It would be a great way for them to relate to someone of their own age with the same problems they have. Her page is no hack job, it's slick, well written and has great information from recipes to personnel stories. I could learn a thing or two from her for my own page. Below is the introduction from her "Getting to know me" section.

"Hi, my name is Alex and I am a 12 year old girl. I live in Woodinville, Washington. I was really sick in third grade and missed 36 days of school. After a bunch of tests I found out I had celiac disease. It was very hard at first to have celiac but now it has gotten a lot better. My friends are great about this and have helped me through this disease. My family has also helped me a lot. Once you get used to having celiac disease and your friends start to know more about it this disease will be more like a little problem instead a huge one. Other kids who have celiac disease might think that this is really hard and might think that this is the end of the world, I used to think that but now that I have gotten used to it is just normal. I created this website so that I could share with other kids fun recipes, places to eat, great places to go on vacation, and to help out other kids with celiac disease."

Click on the link below to check out her whole page and make sure to tell her what a wonderful job she is doing.


Regards,
"Making gluten free fun one day at a time!

No comments: