Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gluten Free Vegan Brownies!


Oh my! I was at the grocery store yesterday, and ran into a woman that was buying brownie mixes. She asked if I had ever made the kind of brownie mix that she was looking at, and I informed her that I make gluten free brownies. She was intrigued with that comment and we talked for awhile about food allergies and nutrition. She was quite fascinating and I had to eventually end the conversation because my frozen foods were melting!


She told me about a recipe that she makes for her son that is completely vegan with Brownies.


1 Brownie mix

1 15 oz can unseasoned black beans


Puree the black beans and pour them into the brownie mix. Mix this mixture until smooth. Bake at the temp listed on the brownie mix box.


She swears this recipe will blow anyone away. She said people who don't eat vegetarian can't tell the difference and it's a healthy, low fat, vegan way to enjoy brownies.


I will be trying this very soon, so I'll let you know how it turns out. Give it a whirl and send us your opinion.


Sign up for The Pipeline for more awesome gluten free recipes!



The Celiac Shack ~ Making gluten free fun one day at a time!

No comments: