Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Magical" Breakfast!


I woke up this morning, and made my pot of "Go-Go Juice", aka, coffee. I looked in my fridge to find something for the kids to eat for breakfast. I saw a bottle of mustard, a half full jar of pickles, and some leftovers from last nights dinner. Hmmm...although it is possible to make a delicious and nutritious meal from mustard and pickles, I opted to look behind these items and I saw fat free vanilla yogurt and some fresh blackberries from my yard that The Jones Gang hand picked this week.


Viola! We had breakfast! Below is a delicious and easy breakfast that my kids love, and of course, it's gluten free.


Gluten Free Berry Smoothies!


1 cup Black Berries (any kind of berry will do)
2 c. fat-free vanilla yogurt
1 cup skim milk

1 cup Ice


Blend all ingredients in the blender until smooth, pour in glasses and serve cold!


I usually offer up my kids something along with this breakfast smoothie, but this morning, my kids were perfectly content slowly drinking their delicious smoothies solo.


As I sat down and drank my "Go-Go Juice" with my kids, my three year old daughter, Maggie, looked at me and said, "Momma, this breakfast is magical"! WOW! Couldn't we all use some magical moments in our life? I had one this morning. :)


The Celiac Shack ~ Making gluten free fun one day at a time!


Sign up for The Pipeline for more easy gluten free recipes.


No comments: