Monday, November 23, 2009

Health & Wellness



Pediatric Celiac Disease ~ What You Need To Know

If you are anything like me, you probably went through, or are going through a difficult time not understanding why your child is irritable, has problems eating, has increased crankiness, isn't growing like they should, and the list goes on.  I went through a period when I thought that I was just not doing something right as a Mother.  Why couldn't I figure out what was wrong with my child.  I should be able to determine what is wrong with my own child!  Well, the reality is that my child has a gluten intolerance, and there was nothing I could've done differently at that time because you just don't know what you don't know! 

I am well informed now on the issue of gluten intolerances and celiac disease, and I can tell you that making the change to eliminate gluten from our diets has changed our lives.  My son is a completely different little boy now, and I know I am doing the right thing for him so he will be able to have a happy and normal life. 

Listed below is a link that contains information about Pediatric Celiac Disease Symptoms that I think you may find helpful if you're contemplating what is going on with your child, or if you're trying to decide if you should attempt the gluten free lifestyle. 


I am a Mother, first and foremost, and my concerns are for the well being and safety of my children, and we have a lot of hands on experience that we'd love to share with you if you do need help or have questions.  Please feel free to contact us so we can help you, and if we don't have the answers, I'll do my best to see that we find them together!

Regards,
Making gluten free fun one day at a time!

No comments: